Quick Question about BT Apple Keyboard

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by cleanup, May 7, 2006.

1. cleanup macrumors 68030

cleanup

This has been bugging me for a while, and maybe I'm an idiot for even asking it.

Does the Apple BT Keyboard have two USB 1.1 ports on it like the wired version? Or no?

2. yankeefan24 macrumors 65816

yankeefan24

I believe it would be 2.0, but no. it does not.

3. Ashapalan macrumors 6502a

I can second and confirm this.

4. zap2 macrumors 604

zap2

Nope

reason is USB 2 speeds are 480Mps, while BT is more like 3mps, so it would be far to slow to uses USB things on it, as they would need to travel a max of 3mps

5. cleanup thread starter macrumors 68030

cleanup

Poop.

I am supremely disappointed that my iMac has only 3 USB ports... I need to plug in my mouse, keyboard, printer and iPod and occasionally a USB flash drive. I used to plug everything into the back (except I would plug the flash drive into the keyboard) so that my desk was as cableless as possible but after adding the printer I have to plug my mouse into the keyboard and with my headphones and the iPod cable the desk is covered in cables...

I thought a BT keyboard would solve my troubles, but then I'd have nowhere to stick my flash drive without disconnecting something else.

And I'm hesitant to buy an ugly ugly USB hub. =(

*Sigh* what will i do...

seriously, how can the Mac Mini have more USB ports than the iMac? It's absurd.

6. zap2 macrumors 604

zap2

I was in simlar type of problem to

My iMac does not have internal BT, so i would need a USB add on.. which after i took my keyboard away would take me down to 2 USB ports, and i had a Shuffle, "dock" iPod cable, AirClick USB and FlashDrive(my printer is on my bro's Mac, i print wireless) and then my AirClick started to die, so i put it aside and got the BT Mouse and Keyboard, and it looks Sharp! i really nice, well worth the price.

For you i say
    Get a BT mouse adn Keyboard, hook up the printer and iPod cable to the back, and then you have a 3rd open USB port for the Flash Drive or something else

But Apple reall should add 2 more USB ports

7. cleanup thread starter macrumors 68030

cleanup

I'm not switching to an Apple mouse. I hate Apple mice. Unless they release a Bluetooth Mighty Mouse, which I know a lot of people want.

I'm not getting rid of my Logitech MX310! I can activate Exposé from it's Switch Window button behind the wheel...

so I guess I either have to live with the cable clutter or get a USB hub.

and then there's the occasional phone or camera or tablet you have to hook up... ugh... i wish usb wasn't so versatile :)

8. adk macrumors 68000

adk

Buy a pretty one then. there are a few out there, and I'm sure somebody around here would be happy to give you a recommendation.

PS: I feel your pain, my PB only has 2 usb ports.

9. macOSX-tastic macrumors 6502a

macOSX-tastic

i quite like the kensington Dome hub, but i use a belkin which i quite like too.

S