Quick question on Applecare

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by dm33186, Jun 30, 2005.

1. dm33186 macrumors member

Jun 3, 2003
    I have a 12" 1ghz powerbook that has applecare. It need to be looked at, the combo drive will not always eject, it sounds like it will but just sucks it back in and there are a few other small issues. Can i just take this to an Apple store and have them start the ticket and send it in or do I need to call Apple?
  2. Eidorian macrumors Penryn

Mar 23, 2005
    You'll be able to just go to the Apple Store and sign a service form.
  3. arm macrumors newbie

Jun 21, 2005
    You can go in to an Apple Store or you can call AppleCare, either way.
  4. DarkNetworks macrumors 68000

Apr 12, 2005
    Can we still buy AppleCare for our laptop or whatsoever apple product, after we purchased one?
    I mean now i've AppleCare, can i renew it when it expires? or u just can buy one after ur warranty given by apple.
  5. dm33186 thread starter macrumors member

Jun 3, 2003
    Thanks, would rahter bring it to them as i do not have any way to safely pack and ship it.
  6. taeclee99 macrumors 6502a

Jun 4, 2002
    Anywhere but here
    You can buy applecare during the original warranty period of your mac (usually one year). Applecare cannot be renewed after it expires.
  7. Kerry Sanders macrumors regular

Kerry Sanders

Apr 25, 2005
    Hayden, AL
    Is this the same for all products including the iPod? I was thinking about getting AppleCare for my iPod.
  8. wdlove macrumors P6

Oct 20, 2002
    I think it's a very worth while service when taking a Mac to the Apple Store. Sometimes they just order the part that's needed. Then give you a call when it arrives. Sometimes they can do the installation/repair in one day.

AppleCare must be purchased within the first year. I always do it at the time of purchase. AppleCare will cover for three years. There is no renewal beyond the three years. I personally wish that there was that availability.