Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dm33186

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 3, 2003
I have a 12" 1ghz powerbook that has applecare. It need to be looked at, the combo drive will not always eject, it sounds like it will but just sucks it back in and there are a few other small issues. Can i just take this to an Apple store and have them start the ticket and send it in or do I need to call Apple?

Eidorian

macrumors Penryn
Mar 23, 2005
Indianapolis
dm33186 said:
I have a 12" 1ghz powerbook that has applecare. It need to be looked at, the combo drive will not always eject, it sounds like it will but just sucks it back in and there are a few other small issues. Can i just take this to an Apple store and have them start the ticket and send it in or do I need to call Apple?
You'll be able to just go to the Apple Store and sign a service form.

arm

macrumors newbie
Jun 21, 2005
You can go in to an Apple Store or you can call AppleCare, either way.

DarkNetworks

macrumors 68000
Apr 12, 2005
Can we still buy AppleCare for our laptop or whatsoever apple product, after we purchased one?
I mean now i've AppleCare, can i renew it when it expires? or u just can buy one after ur warranty given by apple.

dm33186

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 3, 2003
Thanks, would rahter bring it to them as i do not have any way to safely pack and ship it.

taeclee99

macrumors 6502a
Jun 4, 2002
Anywhere but here
DarkNetworks said:
Can we still buy AppleCare for our laptop or whatsoever apple product, after we purchased one?
I mean now i've AppleCare, can i renew it when it expires? or u just can buy one after ur warranty given by apple.

You can buy applecare during the original warranty period of your mac (usually one year). Applecare cannot be renewed after it expires.

Kerry Sanders

macrumors regular
Apr 25, 2005
Hayden, AL
taeclee99 said:
You can buy applecare during the original warranty period of your mac (usually one year). Applecare cannot be renewed after it expires.

Is this the same for all products including the iPod? I was thinking about getting AppleCare for my iPod.

wdlove

macrumors P6
Oct 20, 2002
dm33186 said:
Thanks, would rather bring it to them as i do not have any way to safely pack and ship it.

I think it's a very worth while service when taking a Mac to the Apple Store. Sometimes they just order the part that's needed. Then give you a call when it arrives. Sometimes they can do the installation/repair in one day.

AppleCare must be purchased within the first year. I always do it at the time of purchase. AppleCare will cover for three years. There is no renewal beyond the three years. I personally wish that there was that availability.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.