Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

haiggy

macrumors 65816
Aug 20, 2003
Ontario, Canada
lilstewart92 said:
uh... i just wondered what font they use?

I think he means for what products and interfaces. The iPod font is different from the font on the website. The iPod OS font is different. Not very good examples but he means which one in particular.

FocusAndEarnIt

macrumors 601
Original poster
May 29, 2005
Oh, sorry. The regular font on the Apple page. Right now, the iMac review - what is that font?

ITASOR

macrumors 601
Mar 20, 2005
obeygiant said:
you win for most useless post

Looks like someone's a tad bit grumpy today.

I was asking what font they used for what? There's all different fonts that Apple uses in their products. How can you just ask "What font does Apple use?".

Jeezee....:p

londonweb

macrumors 6502
Sep 14, 2005
london
iris_failsafe said:
How come myriad only appears on Adobe apps, is there a way to make it available in all apps?

you'll find the adobe fonts under their respective application folders, eg. 'Applications\adobe illustrator\fonts\' and then just copy them into your main fonts folder in your library, or point fontbook at them and install them that way.

p0intblank

macrumors 68030
Sep 20, 2005
New Jersey
And all this time I thought it was Apple Garamond. Hmmm, oh well. :p So that's why Myriad is always the default font for Adobe Illustrator...

Blue Velvet

Moderator emeritus
Jul 4, 2004
iris_failsafe said:
How come myriad only appears on Adobe apps, is there a way to make it available in all apps?

It depends if the application supports OpenType fonts, which Myriad Pro is.

iMeowbot

macrumors G3
Aug 30, 2003
lilstewart92 said:
Awesome - I just did a google search and found it. Thanks :)

Yep, that one, Myriad Apple, is the correct version. It's slightly lighter at equivalent weights than Myriad Pro, and it includes Apple-specific glyphs like their logo.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.