Quick Question

Discussion in 'Games' started by xJus10x, Apr 18, 2006.

1. xJus10x macrumors regular

My new iMac is supposed to come tomorrow and I'm wondering if I have to install WoW on it, or could I just drag my WoW folder on this computer to an external hard drive, then drag to my new iMac? That would save me some time because it takes forever to install WoW, and then download the updates. Ok, thanks.

2. Haoshiro macrumors 68000

Haoshiro

I'm not sure, but you should be able to, at the least, do that AFTER you install WoW.

3. XNine macrumors 68040

XNine

Why are you wearing that stupid man suit?
    IT depends if WOW puts files in other places than just the WOW folder, which if it operates like any other App, it would. I would Reinstall jsut to avoid wasting time and effort.

While most apps contain files that are in ONE folder, all apps install .plist files in your preferences folder. Some apps have certian plugins that are put into other folders as well (like SAFT, among many other apps).

4. Haoshiro macrumors 68000

Haoshiro

If the Mac version is anything like the XP version it should work. Also, at least the XP version stores all downloaded patches in the main WoW path, and you can back those up and install them on a new installation as needed.