Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

notwist

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 29, 2006
New Brunswick, NJ
How do I change my computer's name?

I have my iPod connected to my computer most of the time. Is there a way to keep it from syncing whenever I wake my computer from sleep?

Thanks!

bartelby

macrumors Core
Jun 16, 2004
To change the name:

System Prefs -> Sharing.

To stop an iPod syncing you need to choose to Manage tracks manually.

Mitthrawnuruodo

Moderator emeritus
Mar 10, 2004
Bergen, Norway
1. System Preferences -> Sharing -> Computer name

2. I don't know, you could see if it helps to uncheck the Open iTunes when iPod is Connected (or whatever it's called, I don't have my iPod connected at the moment ;)) in iTunes under the iPod tab...

notwist

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 29, 2006
New Brunswick, NJ
It's unchecked. I mean while it's connected to my computer only charging. Whenever I wake my computer from sleep, iTunes automatically launches and syncs the iPod. I guess I have to just disconnect it.

Mitthrawnuruodo

Moderator emeritus
Mar 10, 2004
Bergen, Norway
It's unchecked. I mean while it's connected to my computer only charging. Whenever I wake my computer from sleep, iTunes automatically launches and syncs the iPod. I guess I have to just disconnect it.
Did you try unchecking the Launch iTunes whenever the iPod is connected checkbox?

ebouwman

Cancelled
Jan 5, 2007
Did you try unchecking the Launch iTunes whenever the iPod is connected checkbox?

I was going to say the same thing:p

When i was running a PC i had to do that because it takes soooooooooo long for iTunes to open on windows, now that i'm on a mac and everything works great, I don't realy care as much.

I also use it less as a Portable HD because my new mac is a laptop:D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.