quick, recommend me a second X360 game

Discussion in 'Games' started by DougTheImpaler, May 18, 2006.

1. macrumors 6502a

Buying my Xbox 360 in about 4 hours. I'm getting Project Gotham 3 for sure. I need one other gotta-play-it game. Help!

2. macrumors regular

I really enjoyed Call of Duty 2 and Tomb Raider: Legend. I bought Oblivian but returned it. with a 7 month old at home, I don't have the kind of time an RPG calls for.

3. macrumors 68020

pdpfilms

Call of Duty 2, undoubtedly. By far the best game yet for the 360.

4. thread starter macrumors 6502a

odd question: has anyone played Ampd3? I really liked the second one...just noticed they made a sequel for the 360

5. macrumors 6502a

Pistol Pete

arnt we forgetting graw? (ghost recon advanced warrior) thats probably the best game by far on the 360 imo, personally i love shooters and graw matches up pretty well against cod2.

6. macrumors 6502a

saunders45

Amped 3 is kinda meh. Just dowload the demo and give it a whirl.

7. macrumors 68020

pdpfilms

GRAW is one of the best titles, and is arguably better than CoD2. However, the multiplayer of C0D2 far exceeds GRAW, and for that I like CoD2 more all-around.

8. thread starter macrumors 6502a

Downloadable demos are definitely something I'm looking forward to.

Guess I should ahve stated I'm not into FPS, really, so I'm kinda leary of CoD2 or GRAW, though they got excellent reviews and people here seem to enjoy them.

9. macrumors 68040

XNine

Why are you wearing that stupid man suit?
    IF you like fighting, DOA 4 is the best fighting game to date on any platform. Sleek, stylish, and hard as hell.

GRAW is a great game but the multiplayer can be a pain in the ass.

COD2 is great but not enough MP support online, though the recent maps are great additions.

Those three above are the best yet. The Demo of Tomb Raider actaully pleased me for the first time since the original Tomb Raider game. Nice touches to it...

10. macrumors 604

clayj

GRAW is the best FPS available on the 360 right now... yes, CoD2 is awesome, too, but GRAW is more fun (read: less excruciating).

11. macrumors 6502a

Burnout revenge is very fun..

12. macrumors 65816

Electro Funk

yes it is...

there is a new boxing game out as well ... cant remember the name....

graffix are AMAZING and its a lot of fun...

13. macrumors regular

Before I played CoD2, I had no interest or patience for FPS....... including the almighty Halo series. It definitly has me rethinking the genre.:cool:

14. macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

Tomb Raider....if you like adventure type games..its lovelyful.

Bless

15. macrumors G4

Mord

rpg: oblivion

fps: cod2

live game: pdz

sports: fight night 3.

16. macrumors 6502a

millar876

i second burnout revenge, far better than PGR3 in my opinion, graphics smoother, no frame drops, sure the cars arnt real, but who wants real cars when you can cause a 60 odd car pile up and win a new car and a gold medal for doing it

Tomb raider Legends is another good one. High def Lara... ...Hmmmmmmmmm! and the level with the coctail dress ooh, if only she were real?

i need to get out more, realy!

17. macrumors 6502

thechris69

FIGHT NIGHT ROUND 3, ridiculous graphics and so fun.

wish the career mode had the player a bit more involved, but get this game

18. macrumors 65816

Bubbasteve

The only game I play for my 360 is Fight Night Round 3 (I returned PDZ, Oblivion, and G.R.A.W -- I beat PDZ and could never get into Oblivion or G.R.A.W.)

Call of Duty is another good game that I would recommend you to try out. I'm waiting for NCAA Football 2007 and the new Madden Football game (NCAA is released in July I believe and Madden is released in August -- I think)

19. macrumors G3

Counterfit

I'm not sure if the controls changed much from the demo, or if there's a sensitivity setting, but I thought CoD2 didn't work so well with a control stick for looking around. Too bad there's no keyboard/mouse adapter out yet. I'm sure it will come in time.

20. macrumors 6502a

EvilDoc

Oblivion its an awesome game!

21. macrumors 68000

cycocelica

Call of Duty 2

22. macrumors 68000

sam10685

that game BETTER come out on the Wii or else i will be PISSED.

23. thread starter macrumors 6502a

OK, so I ended up with DOA4. I really like it...I spent more time with PGR3 than it, but I unlocked 3 endings last night - Hitomi, Bass, and Zach. Pretty sweet game...I missed DOA3 completely, so it's quite different than DOA2.

PGR3 is exactly what I expected...I loved the series since it was Metropolis Street Racer on the Dreamcast. It's just my style, so to speak. ;)

I already have Burnout Revenge on the PS2, so I didn't want to buy the same game twice.

So anyway, three cheers for downloadable demos! I got COD2 demo downloaded over dinner, and it's OK. It's FPS and I died alot very quickly trying to figure out how to kill the guys on the machine guns. Graphics are pretty though. Also downloaded the Amped3 demo overnight, haven't played it yet though since I had to be at work at 7:00 this morning. I'll check into it tonight.

Another three cheers for downloadable content! PGR3 has a bunch of cars and other stuff to download. Once I get into the game, there's no way I should get bored any time soon. Also the amount of add-on content for Oblivion looks like quite a bit, and if I were to get the game I'd probably lose nights of sleep over it. LOL

My wife saw Xbox Arcade and instantly wanted Marble Blast Ultra and Bejeweled2. Gotta get a card with 1600 points. Bah.

sam10685, by the time the Wii is released, the game will be 14 months old. By then it'll be time for a new Burnout.

24. MRU
    macrumors demi-god

MRU

Congrats. DOA4 is awesome and very very very hard :( Play it online and prepare to be annihilated repeatedly :D

GRAW is a great game. I prefer is multiplayer to COD2, though the new maps they released for it are great too.

Theres plenty of really good games on the 360 now, just depends on taste, I think the lineup overall is far stronger at this stage of it's lifecycle than any other console released at the same stage 6months on...

25. thread starter macrumors 6502a

Holy crap you aren't kidding. I'm playing on "normal" and I'd say I couldn't make it through half the fights I played last night on the first try...more like 1/3 of them at best. But it's gorgeous and fluid...my timing is just way off on counterthrows.