Quick! Refurb MacBook CD -- white or black?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by rogersmj, Feb 14, 2007.

1. rogersmj macrumors 68020

rogersmj

Which is more likely to have casing issues? I know the white might stain/scratch and the black might become shiny. But don't they replace the casing for refurbs? I'm about to pull the trigger, need advice quick. Thanks!

2. mick4394 macrumors 6502a

mick4394

3. rogersmj thread starter macrumors 68020

rogersmj

Thanks, I snagged a black one for $999. Been looking forward to adding a mobile Mac to my iMac for some time now. I was appalled by the price premium for the black ones when they were released, but the refurb price made it a lot easier to swallow :) Plus I figure since the black ones are the "high end" ones, I have the greatest chance of getting lucky with some extra RAM or something with a black one.

EDIT: Ack, it says it won't ship until Feb 22. Is that just Apple covering their butts? How quickly did your refurb ship? I would think it is a matter of taking it off the shelf and putting it in a box; shouldn't take over a week to do that.

4. mojitochica macrumors member

Your shipping date may have to due with the fact the middle of the continental US is pretty much buried under snow and that same snow system is moving towards the east coast. 8"-12+" of snow will slow down shipping times.

5. rogersmj thread starter macrumors 68020

rogersmj

Good point. I'm in Lafayette, IN (60 miles NW of Indianapolis) and we're under a State of Emergency right now. Purdue University closed yesterday at noon and will remain closed until tomorrow morning. We're not allowed on the roads right now either or else we get a ticket.

6. mick4394 macrumors 6502a

mick4394

If I remember correctly, mine wasn't supposed to ship until a week after I purchased it. It ended up shipping the next day, though. I received my Macbook well before my original ship date.

7. rogersmj thread starter macrumors 68020

rogersmj

Thanks a lot, that's what I was hoping for.

8. dylangurl21 macrumors regular

Mine shipped the same day.. and it arrived around 3 days later w/ free shipping..but there was a weekend in there

9. rogersmj thread starter macrumors 68020

rogersmj

Wow...mine just shipped. 5.5 hours after I ordered it. Cool!