Quick review - icarbon back

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by glen e, Mar 29, 2011.

1. macrumors 68030

As this has been written before I'll just add my thoughts here. As I have said, I have purchased several backs as this is a hobby for me. It's fun to see how everyone approaches it. So I mounted the dodo case back and just took it off - comes off nicely and just stuck it to a piece of wax paper for storage so I can use it again.

So on to the icarbon - if you have never worked with Di-noc type carbon fiber it is a 3M heat sensitive film that is sticky on one side - it really does not like to be used again as it will stretch on coming off. But this went on easily with a white square to cover the apple logo - nice touch. As was said before, the trick it to get the corners down without creasing - and I use a heat gun on low to do it. It takes JUST A SECOND to get it malleable and then it sticks fine.

So here you go - this will stay for a while and see if it can mount in the portenzo coming...looks good with my gray poly SC...so far no prob with magnets sticking thru it...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. macrumors member

3. glen e, Mar 29, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 29, 2011

thread starter macrumors 68030

peeled off as a square....I missed it...oh well

4. macrumors 6502a

Satori

Blimey! Your iPad is going to be really thick by the time you get all the covers mentioned in your signature on it :eek:

5. macrumors regular

ordered the same skin last night! can't wait to get it!

did the install go good? did you just follow their install video?

6. macrumors 6502a

Xultar

oh crackers...

i should have gotten this one. they re did their design so the corners and stuff are better. I got a personalized gelaskins. i'm not a :apple: logo fan so that is why I went gelaskins but man the fit on that is goooooooooood. the gelaskins leaves the corners 100% exposed to damage. :(

7. macrumors regular

got mine last night! now I have to wait 2 weeks for my ipad 2 FML!