Quick WebObjects question...

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by phreakout13, Feb 15, 2005.

1. phreakout13 macrumors 6502

phreakout13

Hello! A few days ago, someone gave me WebObjects 5. I can't use it, and really have no use for it. Now I'm selling it on eBay, and a bidder e-mailed my a question that I've been wondering about myself. I'm auctioning off WebObjects 5, and Apple is currently selling 5.2. Can I update 5 to 5.2 for free, or is it a whole new program that I would have to buy? I'd really appreciate it if someone could help me out with this question. Thanks :)

2. James.Paul macrumors regular

Sorry, there is no upgrade route from 5 to 5.2. If the buyer wanted 5.2 then they would have to buy a new copy as there was some significant new features added. Version 5 could be upgraded to 5.1 though. However, you would need to find some upgrade disks. If i remember rightly, we had to show Apple confirmation of ownership and they would send out the 5.1 upgrade disks for free (plus a shipping & handling charge).

3. RAS admin macrumors regular

RAS admin

I got the 5.1 upgrade discs from Apple without even showing confirmation of ownership, but I think that deal had an expiration date. I actually don't even use the program anymore... I got fed up when asked to pay full retail price to go from 5.1 to 5.2!!!

4. phreakout13 thread starter macrumors 6502

phreakout13

Thaks guys:) I just answered the bidder's question:) I can't wait to get an Airport Express with my munnies:) :) :)