Quickbooks Premier 2007?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by QueenMadge, Feb 18, 2007.

1. QueenMadge macrumors newbie

Jan 16, 2006
    I apologise upfront on the chance this question has been asked before.....

I need to use Quickbooks Premier 2007. I have heard about bootcamp and parallels, will either of these work to run the QB on my iMac? Is one better than the other? How difficult is it to install these?

We are giving our old pc to the kids to use. I want to make the iMac the primary computer for myself and my husband. I do bookkeeping for clients and I have a pc laptop I could use for this but would prefer to use the iMac:)

Thank you for any input you can give so I can make the best decision.

2. banjomamo macrumors regular

May 9, 2006
    it should run fine in bootcamp and parallels. both are fairly straight forward to install if you can follow along with the instructions. Parallels is a better idea if you want to only run QB and do everything else in OS X. Bootcamp is better if you want to devote a little more time to Windows.

There's also a quickbooks for mac. Im not sure if it has all of the features of QB premiere though.
  3. QueenMadge thread starter macrumors newbie

Jan 16, 2006
    Thank you,

I have the Mac version of Quickbooks and I am not as familiar with it as the windows version, but it is a more basic version of Quickbooks. I will check out the Bootcamp as I haveother windows applications I may need to run. I am so excited that I might be able to get rid of my pc machines:)