QuickBooks Pro

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Detlev, Jun 2, 2005.

1. Detlev macrumors 6502a

Sep 16, 2003
    I just visited the Mac forums at the Intuit site and read, "Right now we are really neck deep in development of the next version (version 8, or 2006)." I'm not a programer so don't know if this is a normal course of events but there seem to be a host of issues with the present software. Wouldn't they, shouldn't they, fix those before moving onto new, costly versions?

Another question: since when do representatives from companies go around sharing information about what is being developed in public forums?
  2. Duff-Man macrumors 68030

Dec 26, 2002
    Albuquerque, NM
    Duff-Man says....well yes, they *should* fix the problems with current versions of course...but if they can call it an "upgrade" and charge for it and get away with it then that is what they will do. Now, having said that, if this "upgrade" does not add any new features and really is only a bug fix then there is even more of a justification to complain about it. As for the problems with the current version - I trust you have reported them?

It is not that uncommon for software vendors to post about upcoming versions and the features/improvements they will supposedly bring. In general though, they are pretty careful about making explicit comments about promising features and shipping dates...oh yeah!
  3. Detlev thread starter macrumors 6502a

Sep 16, 2003
    That's an under-statement. I think the automatic email reply at support now sends messages to me even before I get to the daily submission. :eek: