Quicken 2005 force update

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by wordmunger, Jan 13, 2005.

1. wordmunger macrumors 603

Sep 3, 2003
    North Carolina
    I just received a letter from Intuit telling me that as of April 19, 2005, they will no longer support Quicken 2001 and 2002 (I use 2002). They want me to upgrade to 2005. Which wouldn't be a problem, except they've got a little teeth to it: none of the online services: downloading bank info, credit card statements, and (most important to me) stock quotes will work after that time.

It looks like I'm just going to have to bite the bullet and upgrade. Kind of annoying, though -- I really don't need any of their new features. But I suppose it's worth it just to keep getting stock quotes for free. I hope it doesn't introduce any new bugs.
  2. BWhaler macrumors 68020

Jan 8, 2003
    That sucks.

Intuit has really lost their way. A class action suit would win, but who will really do this?

The updates to their products get more and more anemic. The programs are buggy as all hell. And now this.

A little competition would go a long way...
  3. MacDawg macrumors P6

Mar 20, 2004
    "Between the Hedges"
    Got the same letter, and I don't need any of the things they offer. I only need it for keeping my checkbook balanced. Not worth the upgrade for me. Still thought it was tacky though.

Woof, Woof - Dawg
  4. AAPL_to_$100 macrumors newbie

Jan 3, 2005
    The same thing happened to me last year. I had been using Quicken 2000 for years and Intuit forced me to buy Quicken 2004 or lose functionality of all online features.

My checkbook goes back to 1990 on Quicken for DOS, some thanks I get for being a loyal customer.