Quicken 2005?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Trekkie, Oct 12, 2004.

1. Trekkie macrumors 6502a

Trekkie

Quicken 2004 came with my new iMac G5 and I checked it out and discovered it now works with my bank.

While it's not the prettiest of programs and some features I'd like to see are missing (debt reduction planning) that was one of the last things keeping MS Money running on my work windows machine.

2k5 just came out apparently and I was wondering did anyone use 2k4 and now uses 2k5 (since there is no demo apparently) and I was wondering if it was worth an update.

Thanks

2. bbarnhart macrumors 6502a

bbarnhart

No, it is not worth is. Quicken is basically the same app that it was in 1998 with a few more bells and whistles. I have 2005 because every year I sign up to be a beta tester and they send me a copy for free. I use it, but there is nothing else that is better.

3. Duff-Man macrumors 68030

Duff-Man

Duff-Man says...definitely not worth the upgrade from 2004. I use v2003 and it does what I need it to just fine. I've been using Quicken since about '94 and have never found it necessary to upgrade every year. I usually only upgrade it every 2 or 3 years unless there is some really major new feature I need....oh yeah!

4. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

I'm a Quicken user, love the program. Find it very easy to use. Haven't decided yet about purchasing 2005, but realize that I need to decide soon or will loose out on the $20 upgrade rebate.

bbarnhart, how did you become a beta tester for Quicken?