Quicken Backup from OS X 10.3.8 to Toast 6 Titanium 6.0.9

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Pat3625, Mar 29, 2005.

1. Pat3625 macrumors newbie

Mar 29, 2005
    I can't figure out how to back up to a CD, from where to back up and how to reload the back up to the hard drive. I'm particularly concerned because it seems that I lost several months of Quicken data from my hard drive. I'm new to a Mac, having used a pc for many years. Help would be most appreciated. Than you.
  2. ftaok macrumors 601

Jan 23, 2002
    East Coast
    Well, I don't know what version of Quicken you're using, but here's my work-flow for backing up my Quicken information.

For the record, I'm on OS X 10.2.8, Quicken 2004, and Toast 5.2

I create a new CD in Toast with a Folder called "Quicken Files". Then I drag my Quicken Data file as well as the 6 back-up files located in the Quicken Backup Folder. I don't worry about backing up my preferences or the application. Burn the CD and I'm done.

I'm not sure about Quicken 2005 and whether there are extra files associated with the original Data File. I do know that Quicken 2002 had a separate file that stored the stock quotes, so I would back that up too. In Quicken 2004, they incorporated the quotes into the data file.

Hope that helps.
  3. FredJ macrumors newbie

Feb 21, 2009
    Novi, Michigan
    Automatic Backup of Quicken 2005 files

I have just opened my Quicken 2005 program and found that everything has disappeared back to April,2008! I've searched the Backup files but can't find a thing. Tax time is coming up and this is a big problem. Anyone who can help or advise will indeed be my friend. This happened once before and then suddenly the information reappeared, but not this time. Data is supposed to be automatically backed up when the program is closed but this doesn't seem to be working very well. How can the data be backed up to a CD on the MAC?