Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

M. Malone

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 11, 2004
Hey everyone, I started using Quicken on my windows machine, I'm loving it, but I'm gonna stop soon cause I'm paranoid, I never put any of my account information on my windows machine cause of security, so I wanted to know if Quicken on Mac is as easy as it is on Windows, basically set up all my credit card statements and bank statements, my bank has bill pay, can Quicken pay my bills through my bank, or do I have to do it through Quicken's service? and do I have to pay a monthly service for it (Bill Pay)?

AstrosFan

macrumors 6502
Jul 26, 2005
I have used Quicken both for Mac and PC - I think they are both quite easy.
If you have used the PC version, I am confident that you will have no major problems with the Mac version.
I have downloaded my crediit card information so that I can get automatic updates - this does NOT require any type of fee.
Unfortunately, I can't help you with the BillPay question, b/c I haven't used Quicken for that. I THINK there's no fee but I'm not 100% sure.

Hope that helps!

M. Malone

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 11, 2004
AstrosFan said:
I have used Quicken both for Mac and PC - I think they are both quite easy.
If you have used the PC version, I am confident that you will have no major problems with the Mac version.
I have downloaded my crediit card information so that I can get automatic updates - this does NOT require any type of fee.
Unfortunately, I can't help you with the BillPay question, b/c I haven't used Quicken for that. I THINK there's no fee but I'm not 100% sure.

Hope that helps!

thank you :)

skybolt

macrumors 6502a
Feb 20, 2005
Nashville, TN, USA
You can pay bills through Quicken as long as your bank supports Quicken for the mac. I do it all the time. I have some problems with lead time and with payees that I have set up not being recognized by Quicken, but feel that my problems are more related to my bank than Quicken. Really quite easy.

Good luck!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.