Quicken - ? New Version for macs

Discussion in 'Mac Applications and Mac App Store' started by Ticker, Dec 1, 2012.

1. macrumors newbie

Quicken Essentials and Quicken 7 for Macs are terribly basic and with them you can't follow your investments etc properly. They are far weaker than the Windows Quicken versions which get regular upgrades. I don't want to use the Windows version on my Mac utilizing Parallels etc. Any idea if Intuit has any plans for a true Mac upgrade? Its mind boggling why Intuit would ignore a growing Mac family this way.

2. macrumors 6502a

Been there, and gave up on it.

I converted to Quicken Premier for Windows. It's the only reason I keep Parallels around, but it works. Quicken for Mac is such a POS crippleware, this will never change.

You can also run Quicken 2012 in Crossover. It has some GUI bugs, but works.

-t

3. macrumors 6502

4. macrumors 68020

I tried it, and others, just can't get over putting all of my personal financial data in some web companies cloud. At least with Quicken, it's right here on my HD, backed up and always available to me...even if Quicken goes bankrupt.

5. macrumors 6502

It is not in the cloud (at least it's not if you just use the Mac version -- not sure about the iPad versions or syncing). I use the Mac version and all of the data is on my Mac hard drive and nowhere else.

6. macrumors 68020

Really? I thought it was one of those web based apps. I tried 3 or 4 maybe a year back, so my recollection must be off. Thanks for correcting me on that.