Quicken on the Mac?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by itsme92, Jan 6, 2007.

1. itsme92 Guest

Ok, I put that as the title to get your attention. From reading the Amazon user reviews of Quicken for the Mac, it seems terrible.

My question is...

Is there other money software on the Mac that has features and capabilities similar to the Windows version of Quicken, or am I better off installing Boot Camp and Windows to get a good money program on my computer.

I am using a Macbook so I think Boot Camp will work, right?
  2. NotFound macrumors 6502a

Nov 30, 2006
  3. Capt. Pat macrumors newbie

Nov 25, 2006
    I use parallels and Quicken 2007 for XP. I went this way because I'm a former PC user with all of my financial information in Quicken. There didn't appear to be a Mac App that wouldn't require some intervention to convert to and/or lose some of the functionality of Quicken for the PC.
  4. Macky-Mac macrumors 68030

May 18, 2004
    what is it that you think you'll be missing by using the Mac version of Quicken?

I've been using it for years and find it works fine for my needs.....could be I'm missing some feature I don't even know about of course, but unless you can identify some function that you want and know is missing from the Mac version, then maybe you should just give the Mac version a try?