Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacHarne

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 3, 2005
Virginia, U.S.A.
Quick questions with answers that I haven't yet discovered from several document and internet searches.

I just received a 2 x 1.25 GHz PM G4 (10.4.5) and more RAM & an IOGEAR USB2 card is on the way. In the meantime, here are two questions.

#1 - I want to increase the hard drive speed, so I am looking to get this SATA hard drive controller by SIIG. It says it supports 150 MB/s transfers. Is this drive by Samsung compatible with the controller? The Samsung has specs of 300 MB/s transfer, but I am unsure if it is backwards compatible.

#2 - At work we have iMacs that ask for login information when the machines wake from sleep. I have scoured Sys Prefs and Apple support docs for how to do this and have found nothing. It would be a great security benefit for me to have this feature and I am wondering how it is done.

Ok. Thanks in advance.

mrichmon

macrumors 6502a
Jun 17, 2003
MacHarne said:
#2 - At work we have iMacs that ask for login information when the machines wake from sleep. I have scoured Sys Prefs and Apple support docs for how to do this and have found nothing. It would be a great security benefit for me to have this feature and I am wondering how it is done.

To require that a user logs into the computer:
  1. Open System Preferences.
  2. Open "Accounts" panel.
  3. Click on "Login Options" underneath the list of accounts.
  4. Uncheck "Automatically log in as".

To require password on wake from sleep:
  1. Open System Preferences.
  2. Open "Security" panel.
  3. Select "Require password to wake this computer from sleep or screen saver".

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.