Quickly, Chief O'Hara! Dash to the roof! Flash the Bat-signal!

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by Thomas Veil, Dec 6, 2006.

1. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

So there's this guy whose holiday lighting display includes one of those wall projectors with the words "George Bush" with the international "NO" sign across it. His neighbors...they don't think much of it. :D

Personally I find it kind of funny, but I see their point. That's really rubbing it in people's faces. I don't know that his homeowners' association is being that unreasonable.

Sorry, couldn't find a story link. But it's on CNN's video site.

Attached Files:

2. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

Which is why I'd never move in anywhere again where there's a homeowners association. Yeah, I don't blame people for being a little miffed if they're a fan of GW. Or even if they just don't care about politics. But I wonder how many of them would complain if it was Clinton, or if Bush had a (D) after his name instead of an (R).

3. Sdashiki macrumors 68040

Sdashiki

show me in the association by-laws where it says they own the air and sky.

4. stillwater macrumors regular

I believe in freedom of speech as much as the next guy and I don't like Dubya, but my immediate reaction to this is that it doesn't seem very "Christmasy".

5. miloblithe macrumors 68020

miloblithe

The OP said wall projector, and the walls are definitely their jurisdiction.

I'd have to say this crosses the line. I can't stand Bush, but I'm not sure I'd want a big anti-Bush sign on the condo next to me. If they allow it, they'd have to allow everything that would follow, which wouldn't make a very nice ornament.

This is completely different, it seems to me, than the similar Peace symbol incident a few weeks ago. Peace and Christmas go perfectly well together.