Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jjk454ss

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jul 10, 2008
I had the old MobileFiles, but it would not read my iWork spreadsheets. So I bought QuickOffice, I still can't open my iWork spreadsheets. I can open MS Excel spreadsheets, but I get an error about unsupported format or an error occured when I try and open a spreadsheet created in Numbers.

Any ideas why?

str1f3

macrumors 68000
Aug 24, 2008
I had the old MobileFiles, but it would not read my iWork spreadsheets. So I bought QuickOffice, I still can't open my iWork spreadsheets. I can open MS Excel spreadsheets, but I get an error about unsupported format or an error occured when I try and open a spreadsheet created in Numbers.

Any ideas why?

I don't think Quickoffice supports iWork files natively. You should try saving the files in .xls and working on them like that.

I don't have it but hopefully they will eventually support it. The best solution would be for  to make it.

str1f3

macrumors 68000
Aug 24, 2008

Any ideas why?

edit: double post

jjk454ss

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jul 10, 2008
The description in iTunes lists iWork files as being supported. Unless I misread it?

jjk454ss

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jul 10, 2008
No, it says: "Does not support iWork 09 (Apple OS constraint}".

Where did you get that quote from. It does list iWork as being supported. At least in iTunes, I will check there website again.

jjk454ss

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jul 10, 2008
OK, I see where t says does not support iWork 09, below where it says it supports iWork without saying older version only or something to that extent like it should.

Hopefully they update to fix this soon.

Chundles

macrumors G5
Jul 4, 2005
It supports viewing of iWork files but only support editing and creation of MS format documents, excel and word specifically.

There is no app to edit or create iWork files on the iPhone/iPod touch platform.

Hopefully soon though, I'd love to see a mobile version of the iWork apps in conjunction with the mythical tablet.

jjk454ss

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jul 10, 2008
It supports viewing of iWork files but only support editing and creation of MS format documents, excel and word specifically.

There is no app to edit or create iWork files on the iPhone/iPod touch platform.

Hopefully soon though, I'd love to see a mobile version of the iWork apps in conjunction with the mythical tablet.

Yeah, mobile iWork would be great. But for now i would be happy to just view my iWork spreadsheets. This will not even let me view iWork 09 spreadsheets.

JayLenochiniMac

macrumors G5
Nov 7, 2007
New Sanfrakota
Yeah, not really what I wanted. If I have to save 2 copies every time I change something it is not worth it.

Until they come out with support for iWork 09, the best you can do is save all files only as iWork 08 (rather can two copies). Similar to changing the default in Word 2008 to save all files as .doc instead of .docx until the newer format is more widespread and supported.

jjk454ss

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jul 10, 2008
Thats a good idea, I was thinking saving everything twice is a waste of time. I will have to set it to default as an older version. Thanks

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.