Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

eyelikeart

Moderator emeritus
Original poster
Jan 2, 2001
Metairie, LA
I'm posting this for a co-worker.

She's running 10.2 on a Quicksilver G4. Every 3-4 days folder get lost somehow when doing a "File>Save As," and when she goes to the Finder it's there.

I just saw this happen with Photoshop. The folder she needed to save to wasn't showing in the save window, but was showing in the Finder. She switched to the Finder to open the folder and then it disappeared.

I did a quick search through Apple's Support site, and couldn't find anything. :confused:

patrick0brien

macrumors 68040
Oct 24, 2002
The West Loop
-eyelikeart

She using a non Apple Keyboard and mouse? I seem to recall a particular Logitech/Mouse combo that the driver could mess with Jaguar randomly.

eyelikeart

Moderator emeritus
Original poster
Jan 2, 2001
Metairie, LA
Originally posted by patrick0brien
-eyelikeart

She using a non Apple Keyboard and mouse? I seem to recall a particular Logitech/Mouse combo that the driver could mess with Jaguar randomly.

Actually, she's got the original Apple Pro set that came with it.

I can say that she uses Classic often on her machine...well, we all do with Quark. She's got an older Epson scanner connected as well.

eyelikeart

Moderator emeritus
Original poster
Jan 2, 2001
Metairie, LA
Originally posted by patrick0brien
-eyelikeart

Congratulations, you've got me stumped.

ah...thanker... ;)

Well, it's not my system...so I'm not too worried about it. I was more trying to be the problem solver at work. I'll look more in depth into it.

thanks for the thoughts though...

eyelikeart

Moderator emeritus
Original poster
Jan 2, 2001
Metairie, LA
Originally posted by donigian
Have you considered backing everything up, wipeing the computer, and starting anew? Just might be the trick you need.

I thought about that...but we're so busy...it's near impossible to take down a system for a day...

Originally posted by jelloshotsrule
i assume permissions have been repaired and all that.....?

I doubt it. I'm the one who's now maintaining the machines, and I'm quite sure they don't even know what that means. ;)

scan300

macrumors 6502
Mar 25, 2003
Melbourne, Australia
A workaround which may keep you productive, sorry this isn't a solution.

Before starting work on a file add the folder to your favorites or simply make an alias to the folder on the desktop. You then have 2 different methods of accessing the folder, if one fails.

Dump the alias once you've finished with it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.