QuickSilver or LaunchBar?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by mainstreetmark, Sep 7, 2005.

1. mainstreetmark macrumors 68020

mainstreetmark

So, I've been using QuickSilver forever, but lately it's becoming slow. I think I'm too low on memory for the modern version of QS to work well. Also, development seems to have slowed or stopped on it (no updates since August?).

LaunchBar, however, just went to v4.0 and "they" say it's much quicker and all that business, but I feel dirtly leaving QuickSilver, and I don't yet know if i can control iTunes with LaunchBar and all that stuff.

So many questions....

...What do you guys use?

2. mxdemian macrumors newbie

3. jim. macrumors 6502

I still use Quicksilver. I like it more than launchbar. I haven't tried launchbar in a while, though, so the features may be comparable now. Both are leaps and bounds faster than spotlight for me.

Jim

4. mainstreetmark thread starter macrumors 68020

mainstreetmark

Spotlight?! That's just a toy when you want to find something when you don't know the filename.

The real power is in these apps. I'm still using Quicksilver, since you can set it up to control iTunes (or anything) with the keyboard. With quicksilver, and I assume Launchbar, I can get at one of my source code files and email it to my partner, in about 5 keystrokes and no mousing at all.

Launchbar probably does that stuff, too.