Quicksilver owners - Quick question

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by edesignuk, Feb 23, 2004.

1. edesignuk Moderator emeritus

edesignuk

Ok, so I've been having problems recently with my 2002 Dual 1GHz QuickSilver. After running the Hardware Test CD I have found that one of the 2 512MB DIMMS is faulty :mad: Now, the problem is, one of these was supplied by Apple and so would be covered by AppleCare, the other was fitted by the reseller when I bought it, this of coure will not be covered.
    What I need is for someone with a QuickSilver with a single 512MB DIMM of Apple installed memory to give me any info they can on it (part numbers, manufacturer, etc).

Thanks!

2. edesignuk thread starter Moderator emeritus

edesignuk

C'mon!

Someone must have a Quicksilver that can look at this quick for me....someone?

3. krimson macrumors 65816

krimson

Democratic People's Republic of Kalifornia
    IIRC, i believe my 512 was a samsung or something, I would check for you but i've put heat spreaders on mine, and they're a pain to remove.. i might have the box somewhere, ill check when i get home, if i have it, ill post it.

4. Calliander macrumors member

Re: Quicksilver owners - Quick question

It should be Samsung or Micron. A customer's machine here has Micron 512MB SYNCH 133MHz CL3 Apple RAM.

The model/style numbers on it are PC133U-333-542-A.

Hope that helps.

5. LethalWolfe macrumors G3

LethalWolfe

I have a QS but I've addes xtra RAM and I don't know which one came w/the machine and which one I added.

Lethal