Quicksilver/Spotlight

Discussion in 'macOS' started by GTJ, May 2, 2005.

1. GTJ macrumors newbie

Just wondering, now that tigers is out, what the verdict on spotlight and its ability to replace quicksilver. I know alot of mac users love quicksilver, has anyone replaced it alltogether?? Use both? Also whats the tiger release of quicksilver like?

Thanks

2. DXoverDY macrumors 6502a

quicksilver = launcher

spotlight = search tool

totally different here. It will not replace quicksilver. quicksilver does plenty more than spotlight will do. you can actually invoke spotlight from quicksilver.

3. stcanard macrumors 65816

stcanard

Yes, for the 3,798th time Spotlight does not and never was inteded to replace Quicksilver, LaunchBar or any other application launcher

In fact, Quicksilver has just put out a new Tiger only release, and I expect that in the future it will include spotlight enhancements that will make it even better than it is now.

4. Applespider macrumors G4

Applespider

looking through rose-tinted spectacles...
    The first app I downloaded on Tiger was Quicksilver. And relegated the 'applications' part of Spotlight down the priority tree.

5. spaceballl macrumors 68030

spaceballl

Yeah at first i was pissed as my apple+space is for quicksilver, but i quickly fixed the problem. I use spotlight to find docs and quicksilver for a million other things (including launching).

-Kevin

6. spaceballl macrumors 68030

spaceballl

Okay wow just updated. this release is better than ever. wow.