Quicksilver won't go to sleep!

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by xyian, Jan 24, 2006.

1. xyian macrumors 6502

xyian

I don't know if anybody has run into this problem before but my computer won't go to sleep anymore with 10.4.4. I hear the fans shut down along with the hard drive and the mouse and keyboard capabilities are disabled. That's as far as it goes. This all started after I installed Microsoft's USB mouse drivers(Bluetooth mouse). I wiped the hd and did a fresh install after trying to repair permissions.
    So, with a new, clean OS installed I figured it would work without a hitch, right? Wrong. Not only will it not go to sleep, I can't get the clock to display even after turning the options on in system preferences.
    Anybody have any suggestions?

2. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

Maybe get rid of the Microsoft drivers (if you haven't already) and try resetting the PRAM. :)

3. bartelby macrumors Core

My Quicksilver, running 10.2.8, won't go to sleep either. It's been like that for nearly a year. I always used to sleep it during the night. Now I have to shut it down all the time.
    Sometimes I forget and accidentally choose "sleep" and then I have to Hold the power button until it shuts down.

4. JDLandry macrumors newbie

G4 Quicksilver will not sleep.

I have the exact same issue. I'm not sure when it started, but my G4 Quicksilver used to always sleep when it was supposed to. Now it never sleeps. It starts to sleep, but the hard drive spins back up and the monitor comes back on. Has anyone resolved this issue?

Please advise.

Thanks!