QuickTime 6!

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by shadowfax0, Jun 25, 2002.

1. shadowfax0 macrumors 6502

Just as a catalyst for the rumor mill, this one I think we will actually have a chance to see, MYNY, is definitely the time for QT 6 Final in my eyes. Now I want to hear more about G5's, ePods :)rolleyes: ), G4 iBooks, G5's, and possibly some quad-processor G5's :D

2. firewire2001 macrumors 6502a

haha.. i agree.. if none of that happens i definately think that QT 6 will be released.

3. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

Don't get your hopes up. My guess is that we'll see qt6 when jaguar is released, and one of the big reasons I think this will be after MWNY is that the public demo version of qt6 doesn't expire until October.

Now, whether or not we see OSX1.6 or not is another issue. Doesn't really make sense, but it might show up to help pass the time till OSX.2 is ready.

D

4. Beej macrumors 68020

Beej

My guess is that we will see a release date set for Jaguar as a paid upgrade to 10.5 that includes QuickTime 6.

5. rugby macrumors regular

I'm thinking Jaguar will include new versions of all the iApps to take advantage of QT6 and mpeg-4.

6. AmbitiousLemon Moderator emeritus

AmbitiousLemon

10.5? typo? jag is 10.2

7. Geert macrumors 6502a

Geert

It would be great to see Apple solve the Mpeg issue, and release QT6 at NY.
    Fingers crossed, let's hope they will show off Jaguar in final stage of dev as well.

8. Ibjr macrumors 6502a

It they did, they would have to give in to the media group, and it would hurt the freedom epitomized in the Rip Mix Burn ads...

9. mmmdreg macrumors 65816

mmmdreg

10. shadowfax0 thread starter macrumors 6502

Ok, I put up this post a long time ago, WHY IS IT STILL HERE?! This Expo is really slow this year...

11. britboy macrumors 68030

britboy

What did you expect? Apple over-hyped the last expo, and got slightly burned for it. Perhaps apple are going to play it cool this time, and surprise us all.

12. job macrumors 68040

job

Either that, or it is just going to be the most plain expo/keynote in recorded Apple history. :D