Quicktime 7.1.3

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by coondog, Oct 13, 2006.

1. coondog macrumors newbie

I am running 10.3.9, and I just did the automatic system upgrade including quicktime 7.1.3. Now my Age of Mythology game won't play. Is it possible to go back to the old quicktime version, whatever that was? Is that even the problem? Is there a patch out there. The Apple website is worthless since I'm no longer under warranty.

2. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

Unfortunately, QuickTime is too heavily embedded in the system to be easily downgraded without performing a complete OS reinstall (an Archive & Install would suffice). Are you sure QuickTime is being the problem? Is the game opening? Are you getting any dialogue boxes telling you of an error? :)

3. coondog thread starter macrumors newbie

There is no error message. The game opens with the opening 'movie' sequence, but quits when it starts "initializing game systems". The the generic mac message "...has unexpectedly quit..." appears. I played the game one day, then did the auto system update including quicktime 7.1.3, a couple of security updates, and an itunes update. Now the game won't play. I just figured it must have simething to do with quicktime. I reloaded the game and it still won't play. By the way, thanks for replying. I noticed numerous people viewed my post, but you're the only one to reply.

4. Yuvi macrumors member

This is a stretch, but try enabling Flash in the Advanced tab of the QuickTime System Preferences.

5. coondog thread starter macrumors newbie

I had heard about that. Tried it, didn't work. But thanks.

6. MisterMe macrumors G4

MisterMe

QuickTime's Flash functionality is nice and all. However, Adobe's Flash plug-in is completely up-to-date. Why don't you download and install it.

7. coondog thread starter macrumors newbie

MisterMe, I think you missed the point of the post

8. ickystay macrumors regular