QuickTime 7 for Windows? When?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by The Black Rock, May 1, 2005.

1. The Black Rock macrumors regular

The title...

I have been waiting and reading up on QuickTime 7 and H.264 for a long time now, and I thought that QuickTime 7 would be out for Windows at the same time it was out for Panther.

I haven't gotten my Mac yet, I'm waiting for the rev. B iMac. So I can only wait for QuickTime 7 for Windows.

I like the fact that Apple is catering to it's base first now, unlike the decisions they've made with the iPod, but just like the iPod more Windows users use this product of theirs than their Mac using base. So when do you all think that they'll be releasing QuickTime for Windows? Next Tuesday?

2. DXoverDY macrumors 6502a

as far as i can tell, no real info exists on this one. it'll be released when it's ready i imagine. sorry, hopefully someone knows more than me, but from my understanding there just isn't any idea when. i'd guess soonish.. within the next 2 months tops

3. Duff-Man macrumors 68030

Duff-Man

Duff-Man says....Apple's Quicktime page says QT 7 for Windows "coming soon" - so whatever soon means, perhaps not this Tuesday but they know it is important to get it out there and I am sure they will as soon as they possibly can...I'd bet within the next couple weeks.....oh yeah!

4. dotdotdot macrumors 68020

5. The Black Rock thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks for responding. I went to the night of the Tiger at the Apple Store and was playing around with 7 (Pro?), it was beautiful. I'm hoping that my computer is up to par for H.264, as I've seen what happens to lesser Macs trying to decode and playback stuff from the HD gallery.

To be frank, I'm certain that what will help QT7 blow up is the ability to encode MPEG-2 into H.264. I'm imagining pr0n just going everywhere with this. The pr0n industry is what decides many technologies; Beta vs. VHS, VHS vs. DVD, they will decide Blu-Ray vs. HD-DVD, and they'll make H.264 into a bigger star than mpeg-4 or divx.

Some people may find that disturbing, but that's how things go. I'm going to go with sometime this week.

p.s. gotta love that Duffman, oh yeah!

6. dotdotdot macrumors 68020

Blu-Ray vs. HD-DVD is supposedly over... there are rumors the two companies decided to merge

7. The Black Rock thread starter macrumors regular

I had heard that same thing about HD-DVD and Blu-Ray, but I'm not too sure about how it'll go. Especially with the PS3 and XBOX 360 coming with rivaling formats. But even if they didn't come together and make a standard unified format, The Industry would decide it. They've got such a huge built in audience that will pay what they need to to get their fix.

8. t300 macrumors 6502a

t300

I am going to be perfectly honest with you and I hope you don't take it the wrong way. I DON'T CARE...And when you get a Mac, you won't care about Quicktime on Windows either. Good luck.

9. vniow macrumors G4

What a bunch of snobby elitist *********.

10. t300 macrumors 6502a

t300

:rolleyes: Don't be so ridiculous. Can't you take a JOKE? I have always been a Mac user and so I feel like that. So what! Mac OS is superior to Windows. Get over it.

11. vniow macrumors G4

Whoop-de-freaking-do. Just because you're a high and mighty Mac-only user who doesn't seem to give a crap about Quicktime for Windows doesn't mean you have to make a pointless and snobby post about it. You need to get over the fact that not everyone uses the same kind of computer as you.

Blah!

12. The Black Rock thread starter macrumors regular

So why did you bother to post in this thread?

I see that lower you said that it was a joke... okay then.

/Still waiting for Rev. B...

13. Platform macrumors 68030

Platform

14. The Black Rock thread starter macrumors regular

Not in my hands :D ! Maybe next week...