Quicktime 7 mucking with FCE

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by ThePerfectBoXB, Jan 22, 2006.

1. ThePerfectBoXB macrumors newbie

Hey, hope you guys can help me figure out what it wrong with my system:

I have a Mini (sig for specs) and I'm trying to run Final Cut Express. When I leave QT 6.5.2 installed everything runs fine. BUT, when I try to install LiveType from a separate install I have to install QT 7 in order for it to work. Once I have QT 7.0-7.0.4 installed, FCE won't work. Specifically, I can play a clip in the Viewer but after 2-3 sec's, the video will freeze while the audio keeps going (occasionally skipping). If the clip is long enough, it will play again but for less than 2 sec's befor eit stops again. It makes editing impossible! >:[

It has also messed up iMovie and FCP in the process (assuming since they rely on QT).

I do realize that a Mini isn't the best hardware to be running FCE in but nonetheless, QT does work fine - it's QT7 messing everything up.

Anyone know why QT might be doing this?

System Version: 10.3.9 (7W98)
    Kernel Version: Darwin 7.9.0

2. MisterMe macrumors G4

MisterMe

Does FCE rely on QuickTime Pro? If this is the case, then your QT Pro 6.5.2 registration will not work with QT 7.

3. ThePerfectBoXB thread starter macrumors newbie

Not that I know of. I knew of the registration thing between QT6 Pro and QT7 Pro but I hadn't registered either before I started to use FCE.

4. MisterMe macrumors G4

MisterMe

Are you sure that installing FCE didn't automatically enable QT6 Pro? If the export function of QT6 was enabled, then it did.