Quicktime 7 no longer supports Uncompressed AIFF?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by BornAgainMac, Jul 24, 2005.

1. BornAgainMac macrumors 603

BornAgainMac

I recently noticed that I can't export to a uncompressed AIFF format. I checked two Macs that I own and they both have the same problem. I am not 100% sure that it is related to Quicktime Pro 7 or a update after Tiger was released. I didn't try it when I first installed Tiger before the first update. I wonder why Apple removed it?

My question is if anyone else has noticed this? And is there a hack to fix it?

2. Lacero macrumors 604

Lacero

I can export to Uncompressed AIFF just fine. aka Linear PCM. Are you sure its not protected AAC Fairplay?

3. WinterMute Moderator emeritus

WinterMute

It's still there in mine too, "Sound to AIFF" in the export menu.

Quicktime now modifies it's export menu to include all possible target formats, so it's possible the source you are using can't be encoded to AIFF or, as Lacero notes, might be prohibited.

4. BornAgainMac thread starter macrumors 603

BornAgainMac

I wasn't sure that Linear PCM could be the equivalent of uncompressed audio because of the Quality setting. I set the quality on best and all the other settings on maximum. Maybe the original uncompressed option for AIFF was just redundant. It seems to work fine, thanks.