Quicktime 7 PC version

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by FriarCrazy, Jun 7, 2005.

1. FriarCrazy macrumors regular

Yesterday hidden amongst the HUGE news of the Intel switch was the quiet release of Quicktime 7 for PC. I, for one, have been waiting for this release since Tiger came out because my little 12" powerbook G4 cannot handle HD streams!! As soon as I got home from work I installed Quicktime 7 on my Athlon 64 3200+ expecting smooth fps on HD content yet to my dismay I only got about 12 fps! Has anyone else tried Quicktime 7 for PC? I'm pretty sure this release is no where near optimized (after all, its a preview, and a bunch of stuff on it is kinda sketchy) but the dismal performance still worries me. Thoughts?

2. endoscient macrumors member

3. dubbz macrumors 68020

dubbz

I've tried it on a friends PC (used to be mine :(), a Athlon XP 2600+ with a gig of ram and XP.

Can't say the performance was impressive... The interface felt slow, and it seemed to struggle with a H.264 encoded movie I had. It played, but moving to other positions in the movie just made it hang (or maybe it was just reaaaallly, awfully, slow).

On the the plus side, it managed to play the Keynote without too many issues.