Quicktime and WMP?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Sathos, Jul 30, 2005.

1. Sathos macrumors regular

Hello, I'm new :)

Is it possible to convert an iMovie file into something that a person using a PC with only Windows Media Player would be able to view? I ask this because a while ago, I created a file in iMovie using my PowerBook G4. A friend of mine, who is currently on a PC and unable to get access to Quicktime (Windows Media Player is his only option), wanted to see it. I sent it to him (through AIM, though I think the method of how I sent it shouldn't matter), and because it is a Quicktime file he was unable to view it. I tried going into 'Get Info' and changing the file name to .wmp, and when that didn't work, to .mp3, but neither allowed him to view the file. Is there any way I can make this work? I don't know a lot about computers, so I'm pretty stumped.

2. MisterMe macrumors G4

MisterMe

Why can't your friend just download QuickTime?

3. Sathos thread starter macrumors regular

I'm not sure about the details, but he's at his parent's house for the summer and they have some way of preventing installations on that computer, or something like that.

4. zach macrumors 65816

zach

use quicktime to save it as a .mpg file, your friend will be able to read that.

5. Sathos thread starter macrumors regular

Thank you for the suggestion :) I tried that and WMP still says 'Cannot play back the file. The file format is invalid.'