QuickTime Code

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Lion (10.7)' started by mortfe, Jul 6, 2012.

1. macrumors regular

Help: Have a DivX movie with no sound. Keep getting this message:
    'This file contains a track in the DTS Audio (code "8193") format. You may need to install a QuickTime™ component for this audio format in order to hear the soundtrack of this file.'
    Keep getting bounced around, downloaded several audio files, but none work. Anybody know where I can find correct file? Thanks.

2. macrumors G4

Do you have the official DivX codec installed? If not, then install it. Report back.

3. thread starter macrumors regular

I have the DivX player from their web site. What is the 'official DivX codec'? If not the same, where do I get it? Thanks.

4. macrumors G4

There are two official DivX QuickTime components. They are DivX Decoder.component and DivX Encoder.component. If you installed the DivX Player, then these two components should be installed in your /Library/QuickTime/ folder.

A Google search reveals that many users have reported the "8193" error. One hit links to the DivX Labs website. This implies that the 8193 codec is still in development. If properly installed regular DivX components do not solve your problem, then check the DivX Labs website for development versions of codecs that may solve the problem.

5. macrumors member

VLC will probably play your file without messing with other codecs and nonsense.

6. macrumors newbie

Additional software required

I'm having the same problem and don't know where to look for the codecs - I've downloaded everything I could to solve the problem ... no go.

7. macrumors G4

As best as I can tell, 8193 is the Direct Show Decoder Audio Format. It is my understanding it is built into DivX7. This has been released since my last post on this topic. Have you installed DivX7?

8. macrumors newbie

Yes, I've installed the DivX 7 as downloaded directly from their website ... still no sound in some DivX movies ...

I've OSX Mountain Lion ... if that should help, and have just downloaded the update as well.

Chris

9. macrumors G4

What are the formats of the audio and video tracks of your problematic videos.

10. macrumors regular

I just upgraded and having the same issue...any solution?

11. macrumors G4

What have you done already to attempt to solve your issue?

12. macrumors newbie

Short-term fix

Check out:
    http://www.macblurayplayer.com/download.htm

This is working for me (although I did have to alter my Audio Device within the Bluray App, as I had an HDMI Encoded output, which was not detected.)

Not sure what happens when the trial expires....

13. macrumors 6502a

I also am not able to play files which need divx, the video plays fine but the audio does't.

It gives me a message saying i need a quicktime decoder.

Did anyone find any solution to this issue.

14. macrumors 6502

i'm having the same problem also ... any solution?