Quicktime crashes when editing!

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by mulletman13, Mar 13, 2006.

1. mulletman13 macrumors 6502a

Jul 1, 2004
    Los Angeles.
    Hey all,

I'm cutting together a couple clips, and whenever I select a certain clip, and try to use the 'Cut' or 'Copy' command (This is QT Pro 7.0.4 mind you), the program consistently crashes.

Any other Universal binary program that can edit real quick and easy like this? Is this a known problem with Quicktime?

2. william sire macrumors regular

william sire

I am now convinced that Quicktime 7.0.4 has some bug issues. I am having the same crashing problem you have on two different computers. As well as the same problem adding Chapter tracks to movies that other Mac users are having. (Chapter Time markers are loading as indicated but text is duplicating.)
    Neither of these problems occured in previous version of Quicktime. Not for me anyway. In fact until 7 I had no problems at all.
  3. itsa macrumors 6502

Apr 25, 2004

Yes.. BIG TIME Bugs in Quicktime 7.0.4

I can not even get it to open on my G5 and Safari crashes everytime I try to load anything QT.
  4. killmoms macrumors 68040

Jun 23, 2003
    Washington, DC
    Dunno what to tell you guys on PPC. I've done copying and pasting of different clips in QT before and never had any troubles... although the OP does have an Intel iMac so he could be having some sort of UB teething issues.