Quicktime crashing.

Discussion in 'macOS' started by srf4real, Jan 28, 2007.

1. srf4real macrumors 68030

srf4real

I probably don't know the correct terms to describe this:

I have a finder window open, with list of Quicktime .mov files all shot by myself, have been viewed before successfully. Today, whenever I single click on a .mov file in the window (which shoud present a new column with movie preview in it...) The whole window snaps shut! No error message, nothing. Just snaps shut.:confused:

HELP!

I can't open most movies on my drive, but then one I did open won't work now or vice-versa.:confused:

2. crazzyeddie macrumors 68030

crazzyeddie

Have you tried restarting?

Have you installed any Quicktime plugins recently? If so, remove them from the /Library/Quicktime/ folder (thats the Library at the root of your hard drive).

Even if you haven't added anything recently, try removing everything (to a backup folder of course) and then restart. If everything works, just start adding your plugins back in one-by-one and see which plugin is the offender.

3. srf4real thread starter macrumors 68030

srf4real

Yeah, thanx crazyeddie. Dumped the latest mp4 codecs and stripped down to native apps and it works ok... funny tho it's been two weeks since I changed anything, why all of a sudden?:confused:

guess I'll have to narrow it down a little but at least I can edit my movies again for now.:) :) :)