Quicktime downgrade 7.1.3 to 7.1.2 Possible??

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Design Agent, Jan 5, 2007.

1. Design Agent macrumors newbie

hello,

Does anyone know how to downgrade Quicktime 7.1.3 to 7.1.2? I am on MacbookPro and it's OS 10.4.8. The reason is that ever since I upgarded the quicktime to 7.1.3 I am having a major problem with some video editing software and I found out that the only way to solve this is to downgrade to 7.1.2. Please help!!

Many thanks in advance

Design Agent

2. fivetoadsloth macrumors 65816

fivetoadsloth

I think youll have to completely trash quicktime and find someone that has the fiel and they can give it to you, what exactly is your problem It might be fixable, or Ill guess there will sooon be a fix out.

3. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

The problem is that QuickTime is so heavily embedded in the system. It's not really a matter of simply replacing the app inside the Applications folder. Instead, maybe look into doing an Archive & Install. Which video editing software are you having difficulty with? :)

4. Design Agent thread starter macrumors newbie

I am using After Effects and it depends a lot on QuickTime when it comes to using swf files. Everything else works fine except swf files though.

DA

5. Design Agent thread starter macrumors newbie

I tried to uninstall QuickTime and the system ended up being damaged (Mail, iTunes, iChat and others started crashing...). So I had to reinstall the system by using "Archive", meaning that I didn't have to erase the disc. BUT now that everytime I start up the computer I get the error "Application Launch Failure", ah!!!! Anyone has any idea what it is?

many thanks,

DA

Attached Files:

6. Design Agent thread starter macrumors newbie

I solved it! It was just simply the problem of Palm software and reinstalling that resolved it.

many thanks!

DA