Quicktime - EMERGENCY Help - endless save loop

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by DEXTERITY, Dec 5, 2006.

1. DEXTERITY macrumors 6502a

Aug 14, 2004
    I would greatly appreciate if someone could help me with the following program. I don't know much about quicktime, I'm a pro tools type of dude, lol.

I had a video clip we recorded. I think I did the following.

I had the clip set at a particular spot in the video. I did export sequence thinking it would save that clip as a jpeg. HOWEVER, it has been constantly saving jpegs non stop for over two hours. It seems like it is in an endless loop. I had to force quit quicktime and even shut down thinking it would stop. it simply picks up where it left off from and starts over. is the program making jpegs for every second of the three minute footage or did something else wacky happen?

I was using quicktime pro on a dual 2.0 G5 which is basically imoperatable at the moment because it just keeps spinning and saving. it is up to jpeg 4000 some thing. All the images are just saving in a big pile in the upper right hand corner of my desktop.

I hope this makes sense, because i don't have a clue how much longer this may go on for, lol..

thank you.
  2. Carl Spackler macrumors 6502

Carl Spackler

Apr 12, 2005
    Outer Space
    You wanted "Movie to Picture" not "Movie to Image Sequence"

Hope that helps if you haven't gotten it already.
  3. -DH macrumors 65816

Nov 28, 2006
    Nashville Tennessee
    >> is the program making jpegs for every second of the three minute footage<<

No. It's making a jpeg for every frame. If the frame rate is 30 frames per second and your video is exactly three minutes, that's 180 x 30 = 5400.

4. DEXTERITY thread starter macrumors 6502a

Aug 14, 2004
    LMAO at me.. thanks for help and explanation. 4 hours, 7000 jpegs and 1.5 hrs of tech support with apple later and I think I figured it out myself lol.. It was actually a tad bit longer then 3 minutes, maybe 5. Nice mistake to make lol..

If anyone cares.. after the save it did the following everytime I tried to restart......
    From my understaning the computer keeps trying to load every single jpeg which is taking hours.. Apple told me to do a archive and install or take it to a service center since creatinga new user profile didn't allow me to delete the files. I thought screw that I can't afford down time or to reintsall everything so I played around a little bit after I got off the phone.

i think I figured out a way to delete the files. I have my old G4 hooked up via file sharing and I think I'm able to delete the files this way. Apple said it wasn't possible. they had me create another user profile, with the hope I could delete them that way. While my computer under my regular user profile was pretty much unresponsive to anything, I was able to set the file sharing pref to on via the new user profile and my G4 was able to pull up my G5 desktop from my main user image even though I was logged into user2 (the newest one without the files).

I think I may be actually deleting everything and hopefully that fixes it.. will know in an hour or so. THE G4 is so SLOOOOOOOOOOOOw.. got spoiled on the dual g5 lol..