Quicktime fullscreen after buying Final Cut Express HD?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by adriantoll, Mar 1, 2005.

1. adriantoll macrumors member

I've just bought Final Cut Express HD, and I'm experimenting with it.

The thing is, if I try and play an exported movie in QuickTime, I can't watch it in fulllscreen. Given that Final Cut covers all the other functions in QuickTime Pro, why should I fork out for QuickTime Pro? Am I missing something simple, like QuickTime Pro being provided on the Final Cut DVDs somewhere? I don't want to have to open stuff in Final Cut just to watch it fullscreen. What's the best way forward? Is there another media player which plays QuickTime in fullscreen that I can download and set as the default player?

2. Phat_Pat macrumors 68000

Phat_Pat

FCP comes with Quicktime Pro. I'm Not sure about Express though. Check where your Serial Number is located.... there might be an extra one that is Quicktime Pro.

3. adriantoll thread starter macrumors member

That's pretty much exactly what I need :) Although one small niggle is that it leaves the bar underneath the movie which is a bit of a problem if the movie you're trying to watch is primarily black as it distracts from the movie itself.

Unfortunately it seems that FCE doesn't come with QTP, which seems really weird to me, given the price differential...

4. runplaysleeprun macrumors 6502a

runplaysleeprun

One of the best media players that plays loads of video's even quicktime wont is VLC, or video lan client. Its free at http://www.videolan.org/vlc/

i highly recomend.

plays dvd's, too.

Edit: forgot to mention, it does, of course, play the media in full screen if you wish.