Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

i-sidd

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 27, 2006
Guys, I have already downloaded Flip4Mac. However, I am trying to watch these HD trailers from http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windowsmedia/musicandvideo/hdvideo/contentshowcase.aspx
But when I click on the link below a movie it starts downloading and asks me that if I would like to save it since its a application, so I did save it and when I clicked on the file which looks like this
http://att.macrumors.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=67603&stc=1&d=1170638192

When i click it gives me an error saying quicktime could not open the movie.

what am I doing wrong? Help

Attachments

• Picture 5.png
    Picture 5.png
    20.2 KB · Views: 103

WildCowboy

Administrator/Editor
Staff member
Jan 20, 2005
It has an .exe file extension, which makes OS X think that it's a Windows application and thus is unable to open it. But it's really just a zipped file. Download Stuffit Expander if you don't have it already and use that to unzip it.

i-sidd

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 27, 2006
I have stuffit expander. But it does not do anything. I click on the file which is on my desktop with a .exe entension and when i click on it it says movie could not be opened. i am getting really frustrated.

clevin

macrumors G3
Aug 6, 2006
im not sure if u can play those files at all, is there any other places other than M$ u can find those files with different extensions?

WildCowboy

Administrator/Editor
Staff member
Jan 20, 2005
I have stuffit expander. But it does not do anything. I click on the file which is on my desktop with a .exe entension and when i click on it it says movie could not be opened. i am getting really frustrated.

I just unzipped it just fine using Stuffit Expander 10.0.1. When I double clicked the .exe file, it said that it couldn't find an application to open the file. I picked the "Choose Application" option and selected Stuffit. It unzipped and placed a WMV file on my Desktop, which plays fine in Quicktime/Flip4Mac on my PowerBook.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.