Quicktime Movie exporting greif

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by Benjamindaines, Mar 7, 2006.

1. Benjamindaines macrumors 68030

Benjamindaines

I've created a movie in Final Cut and this thing is 5GB sitting on my desktop, I want to export it so its about say 300mb and looks very decent. With Quicktime I've gone through nearly all the export types and I can't get anything over 30mb out of it. The 30mb files open in this tiny window and if you size it so you can actually see anything it looks like absolute s**t. What am I doing wrong??

--Much thanks.

BTW I exported out of FC as a .dv.

2. Benjamindaines thread starter macrumors 68030

Benjamindaines

UPDATE: I went in and did export > to quicktime movie and its still crap. now it's 60mb. I'll attach a shot of the movie. The movie is only 10mins long and the straight export is 5gb!!!!!!!!!!! What am I going to do when I start doing longer movies like hour +? I need some serious advice here.

[​IMG]

3. Counterfit macrumors G3

Counterfit

4. Applespider macrumors G4

Applespider

looking through rose-tinted spectacles...
    What are your Quicktime movie settings at? It remembers what the last thing you did was so if you encoded something to watch on an iPod, that's probably what it's still doing.

Here's a Guide to high quality QT at low bitrates that munkle posted recently.

5. Benjamindaines thread starter macrumors 68030

Benjamindaines

THANKS, that was exactly what I needed. Kinda funny how Sorenson Video 3 actually has bigger files and better colour accuracy then H.264...