Quicktime Playback Awful

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Espnetboy3, May 12, 2005.

1. Espnetboy3 macrumors 6502

As of about a two weeks since the last time I have rendered any type of video my playback is terrible. I use either After Effects or Premiere and when it renders into a quicktime file when I go to watch what I have done its choppy, not smooth at all and sometimes just freezes. Anyone have any ideas? The only time it works occasionally is when i render to real low quality. If I dont put a compression on it then its crappy.

2. James Philp macrumors 65816

James Philp

you may need to post some details of your setup!

3. Espnetboy3 thread starter macrumors 6502

Im running a g4 733mhz with 1.1gig ram. I had only 2 gig available on my hd put since the first post put some stuff on my lacie and now have close to 11gig on the main drive. This is really frustrating nothing I render is playing back well at all but on everyone elses computer they run smooth. Im on 10.3.9 with the new quicktime player 7.0 i believe.

4. killuminati macrumors 68020

killuminati

I'm also getting terrible playback with quicktime 7. I have a 1.25ghz PB with 1GB RAM and OS 10.3.9.

I had a bunch of avi's that played pretty well in quicktime 6 but now in 7 theyre all choppy.

5. Espnetboy3 thread starter macrumors 6502

When i open a quicktime movie my activity monitor says quicktime is using 110% cpu when playin a file and when quicktime file is just simply opened it says the finder is spiked to about 85cpu. Whats up with this. I used to have problems with a cpu spike when using safari and ichat but that hasnt occured in a while id say since maybe 10.3.5

6. Espnetboy3 thread starter macrumors 6502

Its still occuring and I was just importing footage and it said startup disk gettin low when I have over 10gig on my hd. What is going on?

7. Espnetboy3 thread starter macrumors 6502

Does anyone know what I can do to fix this problem. Anything I play in quicktime that I have rendered plays back awfull and eats my cpu.Please Help

8. CubaTBird macrumors 68020

apple has still got work to do on quicktime 7 for mac os x 10.4... not that there are ne bugs, more of a "fine touch" sorta thing

9. Espnetboy3 thread starter macrumors 6502

Im hearing from a few forums and people that 10.3.9 does not run quicktime 7 well at all . I believe it was built more for Tiger.