Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Ari_0

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 4, 2004
I have a query about the exporting options. I tend to export most of videos and anime episodes to my mobile so I can watch it on the go. The quality is amazing. The only problem is that 90% of the time, in the export -> mp4 -> "No Audio for this file" comes up under options, even though there clearly is audio.

I was just wondering if there was a way to flag the audio or maybe convert to a file/ export to a file before mp4'ing it.

Nermal

Staff member
Dec 7, 2002
New Zealand
I can still play AC3 in QuickTime, and I don't see anything else in /Library/QuickTime that looks AC3-related :confused:

Ari_0

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 4, 2004
Nermal said:
Does the audio play in QT before encoding? Or do you normally use something like VLC? Try installing an AC3 component.

Dude, it works fine, i purchased Quicktime 7 Pro. The problem I have is that most demuxed avi videos and some Mpeg files will not allow me to export the audio as well as the viseo when exporting as mp4 to my phone....

Any Ideas????

rendezvouscp

macrumors 68000
Aug 20, 2003
Long Beach, California
I have yet to find a solution, since the tracks for audio and video are mixed in the files that you're talking about (some .avi and .mpg). I've tried and tried, but you might just have to record the audio and then put the tracks together later.
-Chase

Ari_0

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 4, 2004
rendezvouscp said:
I have yet to find a solution, since the tracks for audio and video are mixed in the files that you're talking about (some .avi and .mpg). I've tried and tried, but you might just have to record the audio and then put the tracks together later.
-Chase

i found a solution, it is called MPEG streamclip and takes care of demuxing files; easily. http://www.apple.com/downloads/macosx/video/mpegstreamclip.html

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.