Quicktime pro: full-screen movie spanning multiple monitors?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Oreckel, Sep 18, 2006.

1. Oreckel macrumors newbie

Sep 18, 2006

I'm looking to build a kind of video wall. I have 4 LCD monitors which I've hooked up to a mac pro to get a resolution of 3840x2104 on screen. Then I made an After Effects movie of a white box bouncing around the screen rendered at 3840x2104. What I'd like to be able to do is play the movie full screen and have it actually fill all four screens, but when I do Cmd+F and make it "full-screen", Quicktime is insistent on just filling one of my screens. I can expand the window (in non-full screen mode) to fill all four monitors, but then I have borders everwhere which I don't want (IE, the OS X menu bar and the "play" buttons at the bottom, etc). Quicktime has full screen settings which allow you to choose which monitor you'd like to fill, but (from what I can tell) there's no way to have it use more than one monitor.

Does anyone know of a way I can play the movie across all four screens? I thought maybe another media player would offer this functionality, but I tried using VLC and it didn't seem to. Are there any other third party packages supporting H.264 that might offer this? Is there some plugin or method for Quicktime to beat it into submission?

Thanks in advance.
  2. JaquesHaas macrumors newbie

Oct 5, 2009