Quicktime problems. 6.5=good 7.0.3=bad

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Kyle Nerder, Oct 29, 2005.

1. Kyle Nerder macrumors regular

Kyle Nerder

Hello,

I've had this problem since Apple released music vids in iTunes. When the latest version of Quicktime came out I could no longer play my dvd rips. They would play all choppy. I do realize my machine is a little out-dated. Today I back-dated Quicktime. I went from 7.0.3 to 7.0.1 and then to 6.5.whatever . My dvd rips play perfectly. It's so nice to have my catalog back. 150+ movies at my finger tips! I would be nice to have FrontRow and a remote (and a huge tub of ice cream).

The only problem is I cannot play any music vids now. I couldn't play them smoothly before though...Maybe a video memory problem? I noticed when more colours are in a video, things slow down.

Is there away I can get both to play smooth? Any advice would be nice

2. Orlando Furioso macrumors 6502

Orlando Furioso

Stick with QT 7 so you can play your music videos, and pop in your dvds* whenever you want to watch a movie. I don't see this as an inconvenience. Having to get up to change a dvd every couple of hours is not _that_ bad. I also don't see many people watching more than one movie straight through anyway.

*I'm assuming you are not doing anything illegal and actually own your movie content.

3. Kyle Nerder thread starter macrumors regular

Kyle Nerder

yeah for sure they are my ripps from my dvds. it sucks trying to drag all my dvds on the plane.

even with QT 7 ny music vids are choppy and un-watchable.

i just want everything to work...

4. illegalprelude macrumors 68000

illegalprelude

QT7 = satans son. it gives Final Cut Studio so much problem. :mad: !!

5. Xeem macrumors 6502a

Xeem

Why not just keep Quicktime updated and watch your movie rips with VLC?