Quicktime problems

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by crazycat, Nov 25, 2006.

1. crazycat macrumors 65816

crazycat

I was on my iMac and i showed my girlfriend a few tutorials on how to use iPhoto. I found some interesting stuff so now i am on my main mac (mac pro) and i went to see some for myself in hope to learn a few things (if any). I went to

http://www.apple.com/ilife/tutorials/garageband/gb1-1.html

and got this

[​IMG]

As you can see there is a "?" on the quicktime icon. I opened the same page with firefox and the "?" mark was gone but i could not open the tutorial. I thought that my quicktime is out of date of i checked of updates and nothing, i then downloaded the latest version of quicktime and installed it myself and found that i still had the same problem.

I have no idea what to do now except come to you guys.

Thanks

2. crazycat thread starter macrumors 65816

crazycat

I would also like to add when i use firefox and click the quicktime icon the app opens but no window playing the movie comes on its just if i opened the app and closed all windows.

3. gekko513 macrumors 603

gekko513

It worked fine here. I have Quicktime version 7.1.3 and Safari version 2.0.4.

Attached Files:

4. crazycat thread starter macrumors 65816

crazycat

I have the same versions of both safari and quicktime but for some reason it would not work.

5. gekko513 macrumors 603

gekko513

I have the Perian and Flip4Mac Quicktime codec things, too. I don't think it should matter, though.

6. crazycat thread starter macrumors 65816

crazycat

It wont make any difference to be honest. Its strange that it works on a new system (my imac) and not on my main mac (mac pro) which i use a lot and have lots of different apps on.

7. crazycat thread starter macrumors 65816

crazycat

8. gekko513 macrumors 603

gekko513

Is there a Quicktime log somewhere that has details about the error? Try opening the Console utility and filter for Quicktime or Safari in console.log. See if any log messages are made when you enter that page.

9. crazycat thread starter macrumors 65816

crazycat

I reinstalled quicktime and it still does not work. I removed real player just in case and still nothing. I also tryed using firefox and camino and still nothing.