QuickTime: Removing Soundtracks - Help Please

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by LimeiBook86, Aug 23, 2004.

1. LimeiBook86 macrumors 604

LimeiBook86

I made a movie in iMove a long time ago. It was a video with 2 soundtracks. One was the original audio from the video, and one was music for the background. I deleted the iMovie project a long time ago but I need to delete the backround music from this QuickTime ".Mov" file. I don't think there is a way to do it but I'd like to see if maybe someone knows a way around it or an application I can use.

I know QuickTime Pro has the "Delete Tracks" feature. But under the menu I see these tracks: Video Track, Sound Track, Hinted Video Track, Hinted Sound Track. Deleting ANY of the hinted tracks does nothing. But deleting the Sound Track deletes all of the sound, not just one trackw. I think I'm stuck here and I don't think there is any way that I can take out just that part of the sound.

If anyone has any ideas or tricks please tell me, thanks a bunch in advance! :D

2. stoid macrumors 601

stoid

When iMovie rendered the project out to QuickTime format, it mixed the audio down to one track. AFAIK there's not even a way to get it to make a QT file with more than one audio track. I don't think that there is any way for you to remove the soundtrack except finding the iMovie project.

3. Horrortaxi macrumors 68020

Horrortaxi

Stoid's got it. You lost your individual tracks when you made your .mov file. All your audio is mixed down to a single track now.

If you don't have the original iMovie file, do you still have the raw footage? You could reedit the movie if it it wasn't too complicated.

4. LimeiBook86 thread starter macrumors 604

LimeiBook86

The problem is my brother lost the footage on the tape. Also I erased the iMovie project a long time ago since we thought it would always be on the tape. But my brother lost his camera charger and the tape so I guess I'm stuck.

Thanks anyway. :)