Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

juanm

macrumors 68000
May 1, 2006
Fury 161
Hearing him say "Tiger" when he meant "Leopard" was a surprise, since back at Apple Steve and the R&D department are probably already using the successor to Leopard.

You mean they're probably working on it. It's probably a little early to have a fully working version of Lion.

InSaNeCyAnUr

macrumors member
Feb 28, 2007
Quebec, Canada
They really like small things

First the Macbook Air
Now the size of the Keynote

It's so small...and it's a complete lagfest

I think I'll wait and watch in in the middle of the night, as there might not be as much people as now.

I did read the live post from MacRumors and I have to say that I'm really disappointed. Where the hell is my new MBP ?!?!?!

RevToTheRedline

macrumors 6502a
Sep 27, 2007
This streaming crap is stupid, granted I only have a 3Mb D/900Kb U connection I can't even watch this low res streaming keynote video, where is the 480p download common.

will99

macrumors newbie
Jan 15, 2008
Disappointing

Nothing really surprising today. I wouldn't pay money for a film for only 24 hours. Not feasible for working people to always be able to watch a film within a single day. Most places now rent for two nights. If you have kids, good luck trying to get them to always watch a full movie in one sitting.

iTunes needs to better reflect the reality of how people actually watch movies.

redison

macrumors newbie
Apr 3, 2007
Macworld 2008 Keynote !!!!!!!!!!!

Steves Keynote was awesome, a change from last year when all the attention was on the iPhone.

YoGramMamma

macrumors regular
Feb 20, 2006
has anyone else noticed

Umm.. I'm pretty sure (but boy do I hope I'm wrong) that you can only rent HD movies thru the AppleTV.

1) ive been looking on itunes for a bit now where to actually rent movies from, and the ones he demoed on stage I couldnt even seem to find.

2). i watched the keynote, and every reference to renting HD was done in the appleTV segment.

if this is the case, this could royally suck as I have a perfectly capable mac mini plugged into my HDTV right now, awaiting some rental love.

mrwizardno2

macrumors 6502a
Jun 19, 2007
Columbus, OH
Nothing really surprising today. I wouldn't pay money for a film for only 24 hours. Not feasible for working people to always be able to watch a film within a single day. Most places now rent for two nights. If you have kids, good luck trying to get them to always watch a full movie in one sitting.

iTunes needs to better reflect the reality of how people actually watch movies.

Oh man, I'd never let the kids touch the thing, can you imagine the damage they could do? yikes!

aznkid25

macrumors 6502
Sep 15, 2007
For some reason, the quicktime stream is not working for me. Does anyone have a different link where I can get it? Thanks.

diamond3

macrumors 6502a
Oct 6, 2005
Did no one else notice this was already on apples website earlier in the day. I started watching it at around 12 pm pacific. I had to search a while but it was there.

mcarnes

macrumors 68000
Mar 14, 2004
USA! USA!
It was a good keynote. As good as any other. Same whiners afterwards. Yawn.

Apple will up the resolution of the keynote stream in a few days, once the traffic dies down. That's what they've always done in the past.

Lonon

macrumors member
Dec 27, 2006
Where the hell is my new MBP ?!?!?!

Please, people, do the homework, and lessen:

Macworld.: CONSUMER show. No Mac Pros, no Macbook Pros.
WWDC: PRO show. No iMacs, no Macbooks, no iWork update, no iPods.

And, for the love of God:

September media events: iPods and iTunes. No Macs, no potables, no Mac Pro update. No iLife update.

Get it already? There is a schedule. Stay with it.

elppa

macrumors 68040
Nov 26, 2003
I just managed to watch the whole keynote through without any pausing.

I watched it 2x magnified. It wasn't great, but it wasn't bad. Certainly on a par with the majority of YouTube videos I've seen.

jshapnyc

macrumors member
Jan 15, 2008
Can't see Keynote stream!

I've had a problem, as long as I've had my macbook, of not being able to see Apple Keynote streams from apple.com. I just tried the same on my girlfriend's Rev B MB (mine is Rev C) and no dice. Have deleted a couple of .com files and run QT in Rosetta. Still I just get the sliding orb bar and a low-res Q forever.

Can someone please help?

edibiase

macrumors newbie
Jan 5, 2007
Download link for iPhone (self-contained) version

Looking through the contents of the reference movie provided, I found the iPhone version of the keynote, which you can download from Apple as a self-contained MP4.

RHD

macrumors 6502
Jan 14, 2008
London

Orng

macrumors 6502
Jul 23, 2007
Every time I see or hear the name Randy Newman, I think of that episode of Family Guy where Randy Newman is sitting at his piano under an apple tree, singing what he sees: "Red-headed lady, reachin' for an apple..." "Fat man with his family and dog..."

I guess it's time to get an iPod Touch. Well, I'll give my local reseller a few weeks to get the upgraded version on the shelves.

Glad I didn't buy one after Xmas!

Anything I would try to do with a desktop + MacBook Air, I can accomplish with a desktop + iPod Touch with Mail. So I'm pretty happy with that arrangement.

Now I just have to see if I can channel the power of the Reality Distortion Field to convince my wife that we need an :apple:TV. I wouldn't have considered it before.

You'd think she'd prefer :apple:TV to the rabbit ears, but she's not biting!
We have an aversion to paying monthly fees for TV, but don't mind renting/buying DVDs; :apple:TV with the upgrades seems like a perfect fit for us.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.