Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mazola

macrumors regular
Jan 6, 2004
What a delightful keynote!

I was feeling a little deflated after following the keynote in bullet-point text format and the subsequent stock beating.

But watching it now has me feeling much better.

The Randy Newman bits were great too!

:apple:

(I'm serious)

M!K

macrumors regular
May 12, 2007
Canada
I hated this keynote! It was so boring! I can't believe I've spend an hour watching it. Especially when Steve discribes the Apple TV for like half-an-hour! Omg! It was sooo long and boring! + No Country announcements for iPhone. No Cinema Display price drops... no MacNano... and the MacBook Air is just... boring. And i hate the design. There is way too much space between the hedge and the screen... And it is sooo expensive! I think it'S the first time i don't like an Apple product. I love Time Capsule though.
Anyway, I'm really disappointed about the long-awaited keynote.

TallManNY

macrumors 601
Nov 5, 2007
The Big News has been missed

Okay, everyone has been bashing the MB Air. Yes it isn't for everyone or even most people. I wouldn't buy it over either the MB or MB Pro because of its week performance. But I know it is enough for most people and I know it will sell enough. I'm thinking it is only semi successful.

The real story today is the movie rentals on iTunes. I know how the mac fanboys worry about Apple getting sidetracked into the iPhones and the iPods. Forget it, you haven't seen nothing yet. If this HD on demand stuff really works and if they have ALL the major players behind them then Apple might win. And by WIN, I don't mean they put Netflix out of business (though I'm canceling my netflix subscription in February and buying an AppleTV) or putting Blockbuster out of business. I'm talking about putting Timewarner out of business. If in a year I can rent 10,000 movies in HD on demand, then what do I need with new content on TV? Well, I go too far. There is still the need for sports and sitcoms. This won't put Timewarner out of business, but it will certainly bite into their business model. Of course Timewarner is going to try to do video on demand as well. I know they are working on it now. But they are a ways a way from getting it out there. And the interface won't be as good as Apple's. For many people this is going to be their first HD TV experience. It is certainly going to be their first HD movie experience. They aren't going to want to go back to normal DVDs or normal TV after they see the picture that their HD tv can do.

Anyway, I'm excited. Completely not excited about the MB Air. Liked the shout out to Mac Pro for a few seconds there. Loved the new iPhone stuff. But HD movie rentals is going to be big. Think about downloading two or three movies to rent on your iPod right before a trip. You and I are going to do that every time. If only as a back up for a delayed plane and being stuck in an airport. It will just be too easy to not do this.

sonictonic

macrumors 6502a
Mar 25, 2006
San Jose, California
This may not have been my favorite keynote, but all the naysayers around here is just plain ridiculous. And to the idiots complaining about the rentals: It's a RENTAL! NOT A PURCHASE! Why in the hell are you going to RENT something that A) you don't plan to watch in a whole month? or B) will start watching and not watch it completely in 24 hours? WTF??? Don't RENT it until you want to watch it! Pretty damn simple!

iwood

macrumors newbie
Oct 2, 2007
went to the apple website to watch the keynote. i click on the keynote and it says file not found. anywhere else that has a link where I can watch the keynote?

thanks

TripleCore

macrumors regular
Oct 30, 2007
The Randy Newman lounge act was so...out of place. While I wouldn't necessarily argue with some views, it wasn't the place and time in a keynote.

The MB Air is indeed an engineering advance for Apple, and I can see that benefitting other product lines. That is what the keynotes have been for Apple.

I think the Apple TV is a step up, although I would get it in a second if it had an optical drive. But I have to credit Apple for being so forward looking.

darthvedder81

macrumors newbie
Nov 3, 2007
I like the "Toy Story" songs but Randy Newman was just bizarre there. Rambling incoherently for most of it and then singing a god-awful, cliche ridden "Bush sucks" song. What in the hell was that doing in a Macworld keynote performance? "I hate most big corporations except for the one that paid me a truckload of money to play at their event." A lousy ending to a lousy keynote.

Shagrat

macrumors 6502a
Mar 3, 2004
London
I hate that the stream is not compatible with my ipod touch. They are Apple after all!

Works on MY iTouch.

Just not spending out on the crappy "upgrade". Don't need Stock prices. Weather...meh. Maps are ok, but there are very few free Wi-Fi areas anywhere I have been able to find...(London, of course) so who cares?

Oh well. Sorry Apple...not this time.

lamar777

macrumors member
Mar 6, 2006
Logo!!!

Loving the iPhone update. Soon many websites will be creating logos on their front page that can be zoomed on and set as an iPhone home screen logo, come on Macrumors be the fist!

lamar777

macrumors member
Mar 6, 2006
Logo !!!

* Create a 57x57 PNG.
* Name it "apple-touch-icon.png"
* Throw it in the root folder of your website. (Not the root of your server, the root of your web documents.)

From TUAW

Ravenflight

macrumors member
Oct 19, 2002
Looking through the contents of the reference movie provided, I found the iPhone version of the keynote, which you can download from Apple as a self-contained MP4.

Thank You SO MUCH!!! I just spent the last 3 hours trying to figure out a way to capture the keynote video so I could watch it on my AppleTV (oh the irony). I should have checked this thread first!

swagi

macrumors 6502a
Sep 6, 2007
I hated this keynote! It was so boring! I can't believe I've spend an hour watching it. Especially when Steve discribes the Apple TV for like half-an-hour! Omg! It was sooo long and boring! + No Country announcements for iPhone. No Cinema Display price drops... no MacNano... and the MacBook Air is just... boring. And i hate the design. There is way too much space between the hedge and the screen... And it is sooo expensive! I think it'S the first time i don't like an Apple product. I love Time Capsule though.
Anyway, I'm really disappointed about the long-awaited keynote.

Couldn't agree more. I was really in the market for a MacBook Air. All the preliminary things looked good. The Wired mockup was extremely sexy. And now this bummer.

Don't like the black keys, don't like the big hedge, especially don't like the price tag for 64 GB SSD...

so I just sit it out and wait for the MacBook Pro update. The Air really is a bummer.

Maccus Aurelius

macrumors 6502a
Sep 19, 2006
Brooklyn, NY
For those clamoring for major upgrades to the Macbook and Macbook pro lines, I doubt they'd bother making a fuss about them in any keynote anymore. The prevailing pattern since their release has been quiet updates added to their site, or at least a banner on the welcome page like they did for the Mac Pro.

All I'm waiting for is LED backlighting on the standard MB, because I've decided that the MBP is not worth the money for me, since discrete graphics and more display real estate on a portable are just not a concern, but a user replaceable hard drive, and a more durable polycarbonate shell certainly are.

That said, I love the look of this new Macbook Air, but I wish some of the design elements of it would filter over to the MBP line. If the Macbook Pro gets the maglatch, Macbook keys and the Macbook's easy access to the HDD, then I'd gladly go over to the aluminum beast in an instant.

RoboCop001

macrumors 68000
Oct 4, 2005
Toronto, Canada
I still only get audio.

It starts loading with a black video screen and then the player shrinks to an audio-only thing. I know my connection is fast enough...

Why? why??

segfaultdotorg

macrumors 65816
Jan 25, 2007
Atv

How can I watch the keynote on my Apple TV? How can I download the whole thing rather than streaming it?

N/M, I guess I can use the iPhone version posted above, but I'd prefer a higher-quality rip.

Palestrina

macrumors newbie
Mar 6, 2007
Great keynote until Randy Newman. Of course a left-wing company has a left-wing singer sing in the most left-wing city in the US about how crummy we all are. What a downer, but not surprising, I guess.

Retired
May 16, 2006
Great keynote until Randy Newman. Of course a left-wing company has a left-sing singer sing in the most left-wing city in the US about how crummy we all are. What a downer, but not surprising, I guess.

How is Apple a left-wing company?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.