Quicktime use on Apple Website

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by Anawrahta, Jan 16, 2006.

1. Anawrahta macrumors member

Ok I had no idea where to post this, but this looked like a good spot. When iLife06 was released this past week, Apple's website for it had some really cool usage of Quicktime, it had built in links and such. It looked kinda like flash...but 10x better. I know it didn't seem to work properly for some parts of the site. For example I couldn't get the iWeb site to work properly. Now it seems this is all gone. Can someone explain to me what this is about, and how is it possible to create content like that? Sorry for the noob question but I just have no idea how to properly explain what I saw. Perhaps I'm dillusional. Regardless, I would like to know how to make stuff like that, for I loathe flash.

2. Platform macrumors 68030

Platform

I must say that this is something that I would like to know too ;)

3. iMeowbot macrumors G3

iMeowbot

You can start here to see how they do that.

While those pages were cute, I'm glad to see that they've reverted to more traditional styles. They were kind of buggy.

4. Benjamin macrumors 6502a

Benjamin

are you talking the quick tours? they are still there, just not defaulted to the main thing you see when you go to those pages. and yes they were buggy unless you had at least idk 1MB line or higher since those qt movies were quite large.

5. iMeowbot macrumors G3

iMeowbot

This was a little different. There's still a splash like it at the top of http://www.apple.com/iwork/ (well, it's there as I'm writing this).

One of the bugs is that the scroll wheel flips through the movie frames instead of scrolling through the page. Maybe that's supposed to be a feature, but scrolling on a Web page should scroll, dagnabbit!

6. Benjamin macrumors 6502a

Benjamin

oh i see they still have the iwork one, i only looked at the ilife page for reference. and i see what you mean.