Quicktime VR: What's the software to create it?

Discussion in 'Mac Help/Tips' started by MacDuff, Apr 11, 2003.

1. MacDuff macrumors regular

Hi all,
    I'm working on a graduate project in director and flash and I need to find out what software can be used to create Quicktime VR. I've worked with quicktime for quite a while and I have most video software on the market. I just need some expert advice on what application i can use to make vr.

Any help would be oh so grand.

thanks.

2. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

you can go to the quicktime website at apple and look to find a few few apps that they provide. CubicVR is one that I've used before, but its a bit tricky if you're going to use photographs. If you're rendering from a 3d app, then you just need to set up your camera correctly.

Let me know what you find and I'd love to see what you do with getting flash to work with quicktimeVR. I've got a couple things that I'd like to eventually do with the two of them as well.

D

3. MacDuff thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks a lot to both of you. I'll see what I come up with. I'm in art school for my graduate work so I have access to just about whatever I need. I'll let you know if something works.

4. iGav macrumors G3

I use Quicktime VR Authoring Studio, well I did when I used to use OS 9.

If you're using Director you can get exactly the same effect by coding it in Lingo! Not exactly difficult to do either!

Same with Flash as well....

5. bennetsaysargh macrumors 68020

bennetsaysargh

free apps

does anyone know of a free app that can turn pictures into QTVRs? i say free because im only 14, and i don't have a job yet.